Friday, July 2, 2010

Remembering my Hapontukin moments!!



I was LOL when I first saw Enervon's Hapontukin commercial ads on TV because it reminds me of my own sleepy experiences during working hours at my previous job. I also remember my friends teasing me that the reason why most of the time i am sleepy every afternoon at work is because I am the one who is "naglilihi" because my wife was 3 months pregnant to my eldest child when this this hapontukin story of mine happens.  I was working then as a Customer Relation Service Representative in one of the well-known  mall in Manila. Part of my job is to entertain guests and visitors at the information area at the employees entrance. So, my job calls for energy and happiness but I don't know why every afternoon, after eating my lunch which was prepared and packed by my wife, I feel the urge to sleep. Maybe its the feeling of being full and the ambiance because every afternoon this area turns out to be like an empty chapel and I feel like I was serenated by the voice of an Ibong Adarna that makes me wanna sleep. So when hapontukin sets in, I look around, jump and slap my face, Yes! just to make myself awake.  Unluckily, one time my manager caught me doing this stuff as she was going out of her office to go to the selling area, she seemed surprised to see me jumping and slapping my face. She ask me to come over and ask for an explanation. I was really embarrassed and I remember myself repeatedly asking for her kind understanding, she just then smile and ask me to go back to work. Days passed and I am still assigned at this post so a new idea comes to my mind to overcome the attacks of hapontukin, I see to it that I always have a safety pin with me so that when again when hapontukin sets in i just have to prick my thighs so I don't have to jump and slap my face only to be caught again by my boss. (thanks God there are no hidden cameras in the area...hahaha!!!)
Now, I am regularly taking my Enervon Multivitamins to have steadi-energy so that I won't be  hapontukin anymore because I can't imagine myself behind the steering wheel of a car and sleeping, A big NO because that would probably waste all of my energy and my precious happy life. More energy mas happy diba?.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha.kakatawa yung picture! Ikaw po ba yun? Hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hapontukin moment! Pareho pala tayong sinasaktan ang sarili para mawala ang antok, ha ha ha. Pero most of the time, it didn't work :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails