Wednesday, July 7, 2010

RAINING WITH ICE PELLETS!

This afternoon the so sky was dark, a sign that there will be a heavy downpour of rain. I prepare my umbrella and wear my jacket as I was going to fetch my daughter from her school. I was all set and about to go out when It began to rain with lightning and crackling loud thunders. I heard pebble like dropping on the roof. I decided to go out despite of the heavy downpour of rain only to be surprised that it was not an ordinary rain but it was accompanied with pellets of clear ice and I've seen pieces of it right in front of my doorstep. I've been hearing stories of the same thing from other places here in the Philippines, but I was skeptic about it until I see it myself this afternoon. Whoa! it was raining with ice here in Buenavista, Cavite. Well, it lasted only for a couple of minutes but it was a different experience.
I put here some picture of an ice pellets just to give you an idea of the size of those clear ice kernels that I've seen here in Cavite although it is not as many as this.

Below is the actual picture that I have taken myself but unfortunately it melted so fast that right after I grabbed my camera, I've just captured a few melted sleets.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails