Friday, September 24, 2010

A TOUCHING STORY OF LOYALTY


Just finished watching a nice and inspiring movie this afternoon. I was kinda bored and decided to borrow a DVD from my nephew Cris who was also fond of watching movies. He lend me a DVD which shows the title HACHIKO, a dog's story. I have no idea what the movie is all about as I cannot read the synopsis or the storyline because he said he can't find the original DVD case so all I know was it was a story about a dog as the title shows and I assumed this was a  Japanese movie. When the movie started it prove me wrong because it was an American movie who starred Richard Gere and Joan Allen. The story is about a puppy who was found on a train station by a Professor on his way home. Hachi (the dog's name) grew up with the professor and would accompany him everyday on his way to the train station where he took a ride for work and would wait for him at the train exit when it is time for him to go home. This scenario repeatedly happens everyday. One day the dog seems doesn't want the prof to go to work as if he knew something would happen. On that same afternoon, the dog waited for his master on the station's exit but the prof doesn't showed up,  Hachi was unaware that his master died while on his work. He waited for his master's return at the train station every single day. Hachi became too old with nothing on his mind but to be reunited with his master again until his last breath.

My whole family gets very emotional while watching the movie. Isn't it surprising to be touched by a dog on a movie who doesn't even speak. The movie was based on a true story that happened in Japan. I highly recommend this movie to all dog lovers out there.

Btw, as I am writing this article, my dog Saske had just died for unknown reason, he became sluggish for a day and wouldn't eat anything and the following day he vomit and passed a bloody stool and died a couple of minutes. I supposed it was a case of food poisoning as he managed to escaped and roam around the village just before he got sick.
 my dog saske

2 comments:

  1. Waaaahhhh!!! I was thinking of making the same blog entry about Hachi.. pero naunahan mo ako. Just watched it yesterday. It was highly recommended by a friend. Hehe. No biggie.. This is one movie that all of us should share to the world... in a way or another. A dog surely can teach us, human beings, a thing or two about love and loyalty. I cried buckets of tears watching this. Huhuhu..

    So dog lover ka rin pala. Me too... I have 7 dogs.. and I also had a dog who died. Pareho rin.. Didn't eat, vomitted and pooped blood. It was a horrible experience.. One day, I'll share that experience too. It still is very painful for me to remember..

    Anyway, a short but nice post. It brought back some memories for me.. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails